Blue Stone Versus Brick Patios
When making a big financial decision about the appearance and maintenance of your backyard, considering your options is pertinent. Aesthetics and practicality are important, and when deciding if you would prefer Cataldo Landscaping and Masonry to install a blue stone or a brick patio in your home, you should know the benefits of both.
- With a wide range of colors, sizes, and shapes your landscape design is endless. Though blue stone might take time to install given the ununiformed appearance, it is well worth the wait.
- Rough texture. Bluestone is great for outdoor use because of it’s coarse surface, especially around areas of your yard that might become wet.
- Can be sealed with a porous stone sealer. Being able to seal blue stone makes outdoor living and cooking simple. Spills from food and chemicals mean nothing against a great sealer, which adds to the already great durability of the stone.
- Adds value to your home. With an investment like bluestone, you can see the return investment in your home because of its great appeal.
- Lower cost. Brick is often less expensive, making it financially responsible for you and your family without breaking the bank.
- Easy to fix. Luckily brick is a product that can easily be replaced. With its uniform sizes, adjusting or replacing a damaged brick doesn’t mean ripping out the entire patio.
- Easy to design. Laying out your bricks is simple, and you are able to be creative with your patterns. Having straight and identical shapes makes complex design achievable.
- Low maintenance. There is a reason so many brick patios exist today. The maintenance is manageable throughout the entire life of your patio, saving you time and money.
Cataldo’s masonry knows how both brick and blue stone patios can improve your yard, we can even create a design using both elements if it fits your style. We pride ourselves on creating a product that will not only last, but will add value and safety to your yard.
If you’re interested in a blue stone or brick patio, feel free to call Cataldo Masonry today at 781-304-8900.